Clarence Roy Sheens1
M, #344, b. 19 November 1918, d. 28 May 1947
|Father||Arthur Sheens2 b. 21 Nov 1874, d. 26 Jun 1959|
|Mother||Ella Etheline Dunstan2 b. 7 Sep 1881, d. 22 Jul 1970|
|Relationship||1st cousin 2 times removed of Timothy George Sheens|
|Last Edited||20 Jun 2013|
|Birth*||19 November 1918||Emu Plains, NSW3|
|Baptism||12 May 1919||Penrith Chapel, NSW;|
son of Arthur & Ella Ethiline Sheens, Emu Plains
Minister James P Peuman, Methodist3
|Marriage*||1939||Penrith, NSW;Bride=Rita Emily Grant4|
|Birth of Daughter||29 October 1939||Sydney, NSW;Principal=Beverley Ann Sheens5|
|Birth of Son||11 August 1941||Penrith, NSW;Principal=Kenneth Roy Sheens6,7|
|Birth of Daughter||7 May 1943||NSW;Principal=Margaret Rita Sheens8|
|Article*||2 January 1947||"The Nepean Times", Penrith, NSW;|
LOST, between Cranebrook School and Richmond Road, Cocker Spaniel Dog, C. R. Sheens, 13 Lemongrove Rd., Penrith.
|Death*||28 May 1947||Enfield, NSW;|
SHEENS.Clarence Roy.-May 28, 1947 (result of accident), beloved husband of Rita Emily Sheens, of Lemongrove Road, Penrith, and dear father of Beverley, Ken, Margaret, and Elaine, aged 28 years.1,10
|Article||29 May 1947||"The Nepean Times", Penrith, NSW;|
Killed in Shunting Operations
Clarence Roy Sheens (28), of 11 Lemongrove Road, Penrith, railway employee, was killed at 8 p.m. last evening when a goods truck knocked him down during shunting operations in Enfield Marshalling Yards. Deceased leaves a wife (Rita) and four children, the eldest seven years and the youngest five months.11
|Article||5 June 1947||"The Nepean Times", Penrith, NSW;|
The Late Mr. C. R. Sheens
Deep sympathy for the relatives of Lemongrove Road, Penrith, who met his death in a shunting accident in Enfield railway yards on Wednesday, May 28, has been expressed by the many district people who knew and esteemed the deceased young man and his family.
He was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Sheens, of Emu Plains. He was born in the district and lived here all his life.
His sorrowing wife was formerly Rita Emily Grant, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Grant, of Lemongrove Road, Penrith. With her are four children, the eldest seven years of age and the youngest five months, viz.: Beverley, Ken, Margaret, and Elaine. Brothers and sister of the late Mr. Sheens are: Harvey (Concord), Ron (Concord), Walter (Pat, Emu), Hilton (Emu), and Vera (Emu).
The funeral, which was largely at tended, took place on Friday. A service in Penrith Methodist Church was conducted by. Rev. G. A. Little, who also officiated afterward at the interment in the Methodist portion of Penrith general cemetery.
Among the many beautiful wreaths forwarded were tributes from employees of Penrith Railway, Clyde Yards, Traffic Social Club, Enfield shunter workmates, Enfield Marshalling Yards Cricket Club, Clyde Staff, Penrith Railway Traffic Branch, Staff of Enfield Marshalling Yards, Magazine Area (St. Marys), Penrith Methodist Choir, Penrith Methodist Sunday School, Penrith Methodist Comrades, and G.U.O.O.F., Penrith.
Various organisations above-mentioned were also well represented at the funeral by their presence, further affording evidence of the high regard in which this fine young man was held.12
|Headstone*||Penrith General Cemetery, Kingswood, NSW;|
|Rita Emily Grant|
- [S11] NSW Death Index, 12969/1947 Clarence Roy Sheens.
- [S13] NSW Birth Index, 45888/1918 Clarence R Sheens.
- [S199] NSW Penrith Methodist Baptism Registers, 1860-1964 ",45888/1918 Clarence R Sheens."
- [S12] NSW Marriage Index, 9212/1939 Clarence Roy Sheens & Rita Emily Grant.
- [S199] NSW Penrith Methodist Baptism Registers, 1860-1964 ",Beverley Ann Sheens."
- [S199] NSW Penrith Methodist Baptism Registers, 1860-1964 ",Kenneth Roy Sheens."
- [S109] NSW Marriage Transcript (Marilyn Rowan), 22933/1963 Kenneth Roy Sheens & Judith Mary Abbott.
- [S199] NSW Penrith Methodist Baptism Registers, 1860-1964 ",Margaret Rita Sheens."
- [S154] Australian Newspapers, trove.nla.gov.au, The Nepean Times, Thursday, January 2, 1947.
- [S154] Australian Newspapers, trove.nla.gov.au, The Sydney Morning Herald, Friday 30 May 1947.
- [S154] Australian Newspapers, trove.nla.gov.au, The Nepean Times, Thursday, May 29, 1947.
- [S154] Australian Newspapers, trove.nla.gov.au, The Nepean Times, Thursday, June 5, 1947.
- [S184] Tim Sheens photographs.