The Pacific Manuscripts Bureau is an organisation of libraries specializing in Pacific Island research, based in the College of Asia Pacific Studies at the Australian National University. It copies archives, manuscripts and rare printed material relating to the islands of the Pacific, making it accessible to researchers.
The Bureau has 3,300 microfilms, indexes and other material, held by the libraries involved, including:
- The Mitchell Library, Sydney
- National Library of Australia, Canberra
- The Library, Australian National University
- The Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington
- Macmillan Brown Library, University of Canterbury
- The University of Auckland Library
A search in the catalogue currently gives 189 results. Records for Fiji include:
- Roman Catholic Mission records from the Archdiocese of Suva
- Diaries, journals and letters of visitors and settlers, including J.B.Thurston
- Logs and journals of visiting whalers and other ships from the USA
- Compilations of notes on aspects of Fijian history
Search for holdings relevant to Fiji here.